Speech Academy Asia Terms & Conditions
All references in this Policy to “SAA”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to SAA. All references in this Policy to “client”, “you” and “your” refer to the individual(s) who accepted or proposes to accept products or services by SAA.
SAA is committed to respect your privacy and we aim to maintain a high level of trust with all clients and prospective clients by adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws in each country of operation.
Types of Information Collected and Used
SAA collects personal information so that we can provide an experience that is responsive and customized to your needs. Examples of personal information we collect include:
- Personal data about you and your family members, which may include names, identification particulars, contact details, preferences, health information, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- Information and date generated in the course of any continual relationship with SAA, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, internet and market research;
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by SAA.
Purposes for which Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
SAA collects personal information from you, your family members, your authorized representatives, publicly available sources, our website, mobile services, and other channels including emails, phone conversations and face-to-face interactions with our employees, officers and directors.
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Allowed Purposes”) for which SAA collects, uses and discloses personal information include:
- To provide, operate and administer SAA products and services, or to process applications for SAA products and services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff; b. To provide product-related services and support, including the provision of administrative support, technical assistance and customer alerts;
- To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- To maintain accurate client information and enable customized experiences that meet your preferences and needs; e. To manage SAA’s relationship with you, which may include providing information on SAA’s products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations; f. For marketing and communication;
- To facilitate product development and service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
- To perform internal management, to operate management information system, to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
- To monitor and record calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- To enforce or defend the rights of SAA, its employees, officers and directors;
- For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
- Purposes relating directly thereto.
SAA may disclose personal information for any of the Allowed Purposes to:
- Professional advisors, third party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to support SAA’s business operations under a duty of confidentiality;
- Any person or entity which is part of SAA although only to the extent necessary to fulfill the Allowed Purposes; c. Any person to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations;
- Any court, tribunal, regulator, or other authority to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
Terms and Conditions
- All references in this document to “Client”, “you”, or “your” refer to the individual(s) who have accepted or proposes to accept products or services by Speech Academy Asia or its affiliates (collectively referred to as “SAA”). 2. Classes organized on a termly basis and fees for each new term are payable by the due date. An invoice will be sent out before the start of each term. Fees will not be refunded if the student decides to withdraw from SAA before the end of a term.
- Should you join mid-way during a term, fees are payable till the end of the next term, inclusive of the current term you are joining.
- The public holidays listed in the school calendar will state whether classes are open or closed. The payment you have paid will have either included for the public holiday if classes are ongoing, or omitted if the public holiday is a center holiday.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- A deposit is payable per subject upon registration and refundable when the student leaves SAA, provided that the following 4 conditions are fulfilled:
(i) A month’s notice of withdrawal is given before the term ends 90611715 (Whatsapp) (ii) The withdrawal form is filled in 30 days before term ends
(iii) All borrowed items are returned before the last lesson
- Fees for unattended lessons or for public holidays are not refundable. If a student is absent or if his/her lesson falls on a public holiday, the student may attend make up lessons during the same week by requesting permission to join another existing class. If student is unable to join the lesson on the same week, the make up lesson can be used up during the holiday camps where your child can request to join as the make up lesson hours fulfillment.
- SAA reserves the rights to refuse a student’s entry to a class if late payment has not been paid. 9. SAA reserves the rights to change trainer without prior notice.
- A late-payment surcharge of $10 per week will be imposed on the customer.
- SAA reserves the right to use student’s name, written work, academic results, voice, likeness, photographs and audio/visual recordings in which the student may appear in newspapers, brochures, videos or other promotional materials without further notice or compensation. SAA is hereby granted a license to and SAA may, at its discretion, display, publish, transmit, edit or alter these materials for such purposes.
- In consideration of SAA providing its services to students at its premises, you hereby agree to undertake all the risk and liability arising from your child’s use of the premises and neither SAA nor its employees, agents and representatives shall be liable for any loss, damages, expenses, personal injury or death of any person which may arises as a result of you/your child’s use of the premises whether direct or indirect and whether reasonably foreseeable or not, unless such personal injury or death is directly caused by the negligence of SAA.
- You/your child undertakes not to make copies or allow copies to be made of materials and/or documents used during lessons. Any reproduction or disclosure of such materials and/or documents requires the prior written consent of SAA. 15. Only students are allowed to be inside the classrooms. Parents and guardians are advised to wait outside until class is over. The company reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the center should they be causing distress to others.
We reserve the right to make any amendments to the above Terms and Conditions without prior notice and will not be held liable for any damages that may occur from these amendments.
I acknowledge that I have read, understood and accept the “Terms and Conditions” and agree to the points referenced herein when I enroll my child to the classes offered by SAA.
The public holidays highlighted in boxes will be considered our center closure days. The remaining ones will be considered a normal school day and classes will continue as normal.